- Gluten Free Granola (from Sprouts)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 8 oz. packaged of cream cheese (not whipped kind)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Vanilla to taste (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Strawberries
- 1/3 cup of Strawberry preserves
- Cool Whip or fresh made whipped topping (whip some sugar and heavy cream: its easy!)
- Mix Eggs, 1/4 cup of sugar, softened cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Blend well.Set cheese filling aside and start preparation of the crust.
- Mix Granola, butter, brown sugar and pinch of salt.
- Spray a small cupcake pan and press the crust mixture into the bottom of each (1tbsp each)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour filling into each cup on the pan a little more than half full (they will rise)
- When your oven is hot place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 15 minutes then turn the pan 180 degrees for another 15 minutes.
- As you can see in my pictures you want to see the edges turn golden brown and pull away from the edges of the pan. When this happens do a toothpick check in the middle of one of the cakes. It may need a bit more time but perhaps turn off the oven and let them sit in the oven for a few extra minutes while it holds heat.
- Then cool on the counter for a few minutes, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge.
- I then add a tsp of strwberry preserves, a thin slice of strawberry for garnish and a spoonful of whip on top. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
***Cheesecake can be a bit tricky to get to raise properly. The temperature is temperamental inside that oven so use the light to check it rather than opening the oven door.
***My grandmother was truly a gifted baker and also taught me to slide a 9 x 13 half full of water right under the cheese cake on a lower rack shelf in the oven. The water vapors help to keep an even raise and a moist top as they come out to cool.
*** This recipe is easy to convert to a salted caramel cheese cake with some pre-made caramel sauce an sea salt or even melt a mini candy bar and pour over before chilling.
Follow me on Instagram and see even more of what I'm cooking in the kitchen... mixed with some real life stuff too.