Sunday, September 21, 2014

Gluten Free Deli Sandwich

Some people (read: my wife) call me the sandwich guru. I must admit that I do make a mean sandwich. Since my wife has been gluten free for a year now, I've learned a lot about the gluten free and paleo lifestyle. Check out this Gluten Free Deli Sandwich I made the other night featuring Udi's bread. 


Ingredients:

  • Udis Gluten Free Bread
  • Shaved Deli Style Turkey
  • Cucumber
  • Spinach
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Roasted Garlic Hummus


Directions:

  1. Pan heat the Bread on both sides with just a little cooking spray on the pan. 
  2. Spread both pieces of the warm bread with a smear of the Roasted Garlic Hummus.
  3. Cut a thick slice of the cheddar cheese.
  4. Pile that shaved turkey as high as you are hungry. 
  5. Thin slice the cucumbers and add them and a pinch of baby spinach leaves to a small bowl.
  6. Add a light amount of the Balsamic Vinaigrette to the bowl and toss till coated evenly.
  7. Add the contents of the bowl to the sandwich, season with salt & pepper lightly. 
  8. Top with the other piece of Gluten Free Bread and enjoy! 


Tips & Tricks:
*I always take the Udis Gluten Free bread to a hot pan before assembling the sandwich. The bread always seems a little too dry and stiff for my liking and I think it really gives it a soft, fresh bread appeal that so many people on Gluten Free diets are missing (did I say missing I meant would kill for)
*And as long as we are sharing tips on using pans to heat food, wait till the pan is hot to put food in it! Im serious! If you dont hear that all fulfilling sizzle sound when anything enters your pan you are a little too eager!



Dont forget to Pin this!

No comments:

Post a Comment